YES | OPTIMISTIC SNOWBOARD | MENS | 2021
Oscar Wilde once said that the basis of optimism is sheer terror -- that's probably where the Yes Optimistic Snowboard takes its cues. Scary fast and seriously powerful, this board features a directional shape with a wide nose that's perfect for piste, pow and mashed potatoes. The unique UnderBite edges are ideal for locking in turns and respond quickly to the smallest amount of pressure. Stay fast, stay wild and get the Yes Optimistic Snowboard! Ride it a few centimeters shorter than your normal board for maximum carnage.
Please note: Board bases colours are size dependent and can't be swapped between sizes.
- 4mm Modern Camber – High speeds and extreme pop. Contact points at the tip and tail with raised camber underfoot.
- 9 – (1 Soft - 10 Stiff)
- UnderBite – UnderBite edges re-distribute a rider’s weight in such a way that it enhances turning ease and edge hold. Creating divots inward at the binding area reduces and disrupts the surface area of the edge that has contact with the snow while the board is turning. This increases the edge pressure by distributing your weight/energy in the areas where you need it - from the binding out, and through the center of the board where the carving arc is taking place. This segmentation of the sidecut into 3 key zones focuses your body weight onto areas that initiate, hold and release turns.
- Shortened Tail – This reduces swing weight on the board and removes unnecessary material.
- Carbon PowerDrive 2.0 – Evolving over the years, the PowerDrive core is always about maximizing the power and energy of any given shape. The Optimistic begins with the same light, snappy Poplar and Bamboo core featured on the Standard and Ghost. Yes. then mills two custom programmed channels about 30mm in from the edge, running parallel to and matching the sidecut dimensions. Inserted into these channels are pre-bent bamboo stringers wrapped in carbon. The end result is a highly responsive core that precisely matches and compliments the outline of each board. From intuitive turn initiation, solid edge hold and explosive release, the PowerDrive core is constantly active.
- Triax + Carbon – Robust torsional flex.
- Sintered True – Pellets or course powder is pressed until it forms a solid. There are several suppliers for our entire industry and they each have different codes for them, depending on the color and transparency. These codes can make it seem like you’re getting many different kinds and grades of sintered but they’re all pretty much the same as far as you and I will ever tell. True Sintered is harder and more expensive than extruded and it can be faster for those that ride aggressively fast. But to do that, it needs to be waxed and prepared for local conditions.
- 2 x 4 Insert Pack