VOLKL - CONFESSION - SKIS - MENS - 2018
We have something to admit. The Völkl Confession Skis make those of us with powder-specific boards want a pair of Confessions instead. Big, powerful and confident at full throttle, the Confession skis like the proven big mountain comp ski it is; if you ski at modest speeds and make a lot of short radius turns it's probably not the right ski for you. If your idea of a good time is to charge the face, air the cliff, and straightline 'er to the bottom, then the Volkl Confession Skis are damn near perfect.
- Tip & Tail Rocker – Makes the ski turn-friendly and allows for a stiffer flex setup. Only the shovel and tail zones bend upwards, with traditional cambering in the middle for pop.
- Moderate Tip & Tail Taper
- Multi-Layer Wood Core – Völkl freeskiing models feature a multi-layer wood core that features two different densities of wood. In the binding attachment area, a dense, ash core is used, while in the rest of the ski, the core is poplar. The more dense wood creates more secure screw retention, preventing binding pull-out, and the soft, supple poplar section allows for resilience and snap. The flex pattern is tailored to each ski model, depending on the desired performance.
- Titanal Band
- Carbon Stringers – Additional band of carbon in the layup for direct transmission, agility and life.
- Full Sidewall – Direct and strong power transmission with full length sidewalls.
- P-Tex 2100 Base – A sintered high-density and high molecular polyethylene base with great gliding characteristics and high durability.