FACTION | PRODIGY 2.0 SNOW SKIS | MENS | 2021
The Faction Prodigy 2.0 Skis stomp their way into the lead in the all-mountain freestyle category with a versatile directional twin shape and mid-fat 98 mm waist. This is Faction s go-to option for progressive riders who don't want to spend their whole day in the park but don't want to be held back by a wide, powder oriented ski the rest of the time.
- 365 mm Tip Rocker / 3 mm Camber / 295 mm Progressive Tail Rocker
- Medium-Stiff Flex – 7 (1 = Soft, 10 = Stiff)
- Elliptical Radius Sidecut – Made up of a longer radius underfoot and shorter radii in the tip and tail of the ski. The long radius underfoot means you can pivot faster and easier, while a shorter radius in the tip and tail results in seamless turn initiation. This sidecut allows for a wide variety of turn lengths and angles.
- Directional Twin – A considerably skinnier tail width than the tip provides ultimate downhill performance for attacking the mountain. A twin tip in the tail encourages playfulness and freestyle attitude, meaning you can ride switch without problem.
- Surf Zones – Unites rocker and tip taper ensuring these two key features work in harmony. Rocker provides float and facilitates pivoting, while a tapered tip moves the widest part of the ski closer to the center and removes unwanted hooking. Surf Zones promise a floaty, seamless ride in all conditions.
- Poplar Core – Poplar is a light-colored, medium-weight, durable softwood that flexes and pops nicely as well as having a whole load of vibration absorption capabilities. Used as the only wood in this core, it allows the ski to pop, butter and stomp like a park ski and also have enough torsional stability to grip impressively on the downhill.
- Full Strength Sidewall – This construction places strips of protective material along the sides of each core, between the edge and the topsheet. Sidewalls provide the best possible edge hold and stability when the ski is engaged in a turn as well as protecting the wood core, edges and topsheet from impacts and outside damage.
- Anti-Chip Micro Cap – A hybrid of a premium sandwich sidewall construction fused with a lightweight, durable cap construction. With micro-cap, the sandwich construction provides awesome edge hold and torsional stability while the ski's topsheet wraps around and meets the sidewall, protecting the fragile joint that can be prone to chipping.
- XL 2.5 mm Edges – 7 fractions of a milimeter might no sound like much, but when it comes to edges, it adds up. The 2.5mm edges stack an extra 35% of height on top of the already super-durable 1.8mm edges. This extra steel gives the rider a pair of skis that can take more abuse and last longer.