BURTON | PHOTON BOA SNOWBOARD BOOTS | MENS | 2020 | BLACK
Set your phasers to stun and your boots to shred, the Burton Photon Boa Snowboard Boots are here to take you cruising past warp speed into whatever the heck lies beyond. Designed with a stiff flex, GripLITE Backstay for a snug interface with your highback, and a heat moldable Imprint™ 3 Liner with Focus Cuff for unparalleled fit and comfort, the Photon Boa brings incredible responsiveness and board feel to the table. Whether you're slicing precise carves on the groomers or straight-lining through chunder, these futuristic snowboard kicks have what you need.
- Stiff Flex: 7 (1 Soft - 10 Stiff) – Aggressive and responsive for quick edge engagement and control at speed.
- 1:1 Firm Flex PowerUP Tongue – Burton offers 1:1 lasting on every boot. It means every half and full size shell, tongue, and out sole offer a precise fit that is not as common as one would think. Drop your loot on a Burton boot and you won't be stuck with the slop of a mismatched shell and liner. PowerUP tongues feature additional dual-density material for rebound and durability.
- GripLITE Backstay – Creates a snug interface between the boot and the highback. Made of rubber, the Backstay also shaves weight off the boot. The result is a more direct energy transfer from boot to binding to board for reduced rider fatigue.
- Total Comfort Construction – Get an instantly broken-in feel right out of the box. Total Comfort's industry-exclusive construction eliminates the break-in period for a fit that feels just as good from day 1 to day 100.
- Imprint™ 3 Liner – DryRIDE Heat Cycle™ Lining | Focus Cuff Heel Hold System with Velcro® J-Bar Interface and Inner Lace Lock | Plush Cuff 1.0 (women's only) | Lightweight Power Panels | Velcro® Liner Closure | Level 2 Molded EVA Footbed with ESS Support Shank and Aegis™ Antimicrobial Coating | Heat-Moldable
- Focus Cuff – Boosting heel-hold by hugging that sweet spot around your ankle, the Focus Cuff rides slightly higher on your ankle than the Lock-UP Cuff for increased response.
- DryRide Heat Cycle™ Lining – Warmth and wicking are two key traits for on-snow comfort. Burton's breathable inner-lining technology utilizes interwoven thermally activated carbon thread to capture, radiate, and reflect body heat inward to keep feet warmer while also wicking heat-robbing moisture outward. Look for varying amounts and performance level of each liner.
- Lightweight Power Panels – To ensure a consistent flex from day 1 to 100, Burton Imprint™ and Life liners feature strategically placed Power Panels that, even after being deeply flexed, return to their original position.
- Aegis™ Antimicrobial Coating – Antimicrobial coating on the lining of the boot fabric keeps your boots from creating their own mini-ecosystem of stink by preventing the growth of odor-causing bacteria.
- Dual Zone Boa® System with Coiler™ Technology – All Burton men’s, women’s, and youth boots with Boa® feature the virtually indestructible, Warrantied for Life performance of Burtonâ€‘exclusive New England Rope laces. Built with a redesigned inner Coiler spool to route the laces, the dialâ€‘itâ€‘in system retains its quick, easy, and effective lace adjustment. Natural fiber ropes equal a more natural flex and feel for greater allâ€‘day comfort.
- Boa® System – A highly dependable lacing system that can be adjusted at a moment's notice anytime, anywhere. The simple twist of the knob at the top of the boot strategically tightens in just the right places.
- Level 2 Molded EVA Footbed – EVA Footbeds are lightweight, long-lasting, and absorb shock.
- Vibram® EcoStep™ – Made of 30% recycled materials. This outsole has excellent grip and traction from rubber ice spikes but remains lightweight. ReBounce Cushioning, EVA and B3 Gel in the heel and toe area for extra comfort.
- ReBounce Cushioning – This Burtonâ€‘exclusive brings cushioning closer to your foot than ever before by placing it within the shell of the boot for an added layer of impact protection that sits directly below your foot. Added warmth and consistent performance in cold temperatures is achieved by wrapping it in a heatâ€‘reflective material that keeps the cushioning soft and effective.
- B3 Gel – Ultimate dampening formulated to withstand repeated impacts without breaking down or hardening up in cold temps.
- EST® Optimized Midsole – EST® goes beyond bindings by drawing inspiration from the surf/skate heritage of snowboarding and giving you a more direct connection to your board. By eliminating the ramp angle of your outsole, EST lowers your center of gravity, improves board feel, and creates a more surf/skate-like feel. All without sacrificing an ounce of cushioning thanks to ultra-dampening ReBounce and B3 Gel inserts.
- Snow-Proof Internal Gusset – All Burton boot tongues feature an internal gusset construction to completely seal the lower zone of the boot, keeping your feet warm and dry.