BURTON | FAMILY TREE HOMETOWN HERO SNOWBOARD | MENS | 2021
Designed to thrive in Burton's back yard, this chunder buster loves to go fast, blast, and dodge through the tightest trees.
Our board designers spend a lot of time poking around in the woods of Vermont, our home state. Tight trees, steep lines, and sudden drops are to be expected, and the Burton Hometown Hero is custom tailored to power through it all. Blast past the tourists and cut straight to the goods. Strategically placed glass stiffens up the nose and tail, allowing the center to flex while retaining snap and response where you need it most. Directional Camber blends with Balanced Freeride Geometry to maintain stability.
- Intermediate / Advanced
- All Mountain
- Directional Camber - Entry rocker causes the nose to lift while camber under both feet maintains momentum and stability through deep-driving turns and variable conditions.
- 7/10 - Twin Flex - The flex is perfectly symmetrical from tip to tail for a balanced ride that’s equally versatile regular or switch
- Directional - The classic snowboard shape, designed to be ridden with a slightly longer nose than tail to concentrate pop in the tail while still giving you plenty of float, flow, and control to rip any terrain or condition.
- Super fly II 700G - This core features stronger and lighter woods targeted in specific areas, which provides more pop and strength while reducing weight.
- Dualzone EGD - The wood grain of the core is positioned along the heel and toe edge in two unbroken zones perpendicular to the rest of the core, which gives consistent edge hold and strength.
- 45° Carbon Highlights - A tip to tail carbon layer reduces weight and contains 45° angled fibres, fine tuning the torsional flex to make a more aggressive ride.
- Squeezebox - Squeezebox consists of thicker, more powerful sections combined with thinner, more flexible sections profiled throughout the core. This enhances energy transfer and makes the board snappier and more stable.
Sintered WFO - Standing for Wide F!#@ing Open, this base made from an extra absorbent, high density sintered material that is infused with a specially formulated wax, resulting in an ultra durable base that rides Wide F!#@ing Open.
- The Channel: Stronger, faster, easier, and designed to help dial-in the perfect stance for you - The Channel® gives you ultimate control of your stance and your board in a design compatible with all major bindings (not just Burton's)
- Infinite Ride - Burton is able to maximise pop and performance by overbuilding their boards in the factory, and then using machinery to break it down for you. This allows your board to ride the same from day one, to day 100, season after season.
- Frostbite Edges - Introduced by Burton long before all the hype about wavy “serrated knife” edges, Frostbite extends out slightly beneath your bindings for tremendous edge-hold on hard, icy conditions. Powerful when you need them, playful when you don’t, Frostbite Edges are hungry for hard-pack while remaining smooth, flowing, and forgiving.
- Pro Tip - The tip and tail of this board taper out at the points, reducing swing weight and promoting mobility.
- Super Sap Epoxy - Super Sap is a bio-based resin that reduces the carbon footprint by 50% over conventional petroleum-based epoxies.