BLIZZARD | BLACK PEARL 88 SNOW SKIS | WOMENS | 2021
The Blizzard Black Pearl 88 Skis get a makeover alongside the rest of Blizzard s all mountain freeride lineup this year. The most notable change is a brand new TrueBlend Wood Core, giving this all mountain dynamo an even silkier smooth flex. But overall, the famed and feared pirate ship remains the same. She glides over the groomers with style and grace, cuts through choppy seas with ease, and still has enough to keep you afloat when you find some hidden treasure leftover from the last storm.
Rocker Camber Rocker – Ski profile with rocker at the tip and tail, camber in the middle. Reducing the pressure on the edge at the tip and tail makes the ski even easier to handle and increases flotation on powder snow. The camber guarantees great grip on packed snow.
- W.S.D. (Woman Specific Design) Shape Concept – Traditional wide frontside sidecut with effortless radius. Forward mounting position for easy turn initiation.
- W.S.D. Carbon Flipcore Technology – The famed Blizzard Flipcore process matches the core contour with the intended rocker profile so core and laminates act in harmony and don't require re-shaping in the mold.
- TrueBlend Wood Core – TrueBlend is wood core technology is made of a blend of two different woods. Using pieces of specifically positioned high density (stiff) wood makes the core strong in the middle for stability and edge grip and then progressively softer to the tip and tail for effortless turn initiation and release. The result is a very smooth and balanced ski that delivers a feeling of confidence and control.
- Uni-Directional Carbon Frame
- Titanal Layer
- Sandwich Compound Sidewall – All Blizzard skis with the exception of some junior skis are built with ABS or Phenol sidewalls for superior performance (stability, power transmission, handling) and durability.
- Sintered Graphite Base